Thursday 3 March 2011

Learning on the Ganges: Adventures of Pinky and Sony

Like I said, I could have spent hours just sitting on the riverbank. This was especially true when there was a group of cool kids that wanted to hang out. And even more true when they gave Emily and me Hindi names. I was Sony, like the electronics and Em was Pinky, like her skin.

Varansi

This photo looks rather "I went to a third world county and saved them with my Western ideals." But I didn't save anyone. I swear.

varansi

Emily on the other hand... Nah, she was just reading aloud. Actually she was reading Listening to Grasshoppers: Notes on Democracy by Arundhati Roy. Great book if you're into that whole Left Wing thing.

Varansi

This pup was totally into that Left Wing thing.

Varanasi

So was this cow.

Varansi

The kids loved posing for photos. Total magazine shoot.

Varansi

Varansi

Varansi

Varanasi

This small child holding the baby had managed to climb onto a ledge, five feet off the ground and teetered about, holding the baby the whole time. Emily "Umm, I don't think the baby should be up there..." Kids "Nah it's okay."

Varanasi

No comments:

Post a Comment