Friday 18 March 2011

A walk through prayer flags

Tibetan Prayer Flags

Everyday I was in McLeod Ganj I took a walk around the Tsuglagkhang Temple complex. The temple itself is the most important Buddhist temple in the city and the majority of Tibetans I talked with said they go to the temple everyday. The temple itself was alright, but I only went inside once. The rest of the time I just walked through the wooded area just below on a path. It was all quite inspiring in the morning light, surrounded by Tibetan prayer flags. I took a ton of pictures of the flags. Almost too many I'd say.

Tsuglagkhang Temple - prayer flags

Tsuglagkhang Temple - prayer flags

Tibetan Prayer Flags

Tsuglagkhang Temple - prayer flags

Tsuglagkhang Temple - prayer flags

Tsuglagkhang Temple
A part of the walk around the temple included a whole slew of prayer wheels. You're meant to spin the wheel clockwise and each time around is equal to one "om" which is just good for the soul, really.

Tsuglagkhang Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment